Furnace filters are an essential component for keeping your HVAC system working properly. The other important function of furnace filters is to filter the air in your home of dirty air particles. Unfortunately, most homes are full of all sorts of contaminates such as dust mites, pollen, pet dander and more. The good news is that a good-quality furnace filter can remove most air impurities.
What contaminants are typically in the air inside a home?
* Dust from the outdoors
* Cooking dust
* Hair and skin dander
Dust particles can contain bacteria. Breathing these contaminants can make people sick.
Two of the most effective and affordable furnace filters are electrostatic filters and pleated filters.
Electrostatic Furnace Filters
Electrostatic air filters use static electricity to get the dirt out of the air. The electrostatic charge attracts tiny, microscopic household dust particles to electrostatic furnace filters like a magnet.
* Electrostatic filters last for decades
* Can be easily cleaned out with a hose every few months or as needed
* Energy savings benefit of at least 15% savings on your energy bills
* Helps cut back on waste by lasting so long (compared to other filter types which need to be completely replaced each month).
* Option of a permanent electrostatic furnace filter which can remove up to 100% of the most common dust and mold air contaminants
Pleated Furnace Filters
* Pleated air filters are made with material that is folded into pleats.
* One of the most popular furnace filter options
* Cost less than electrostatic filters but need to be replaced more often
* Removes dust and allergens from the air
* Sufficient for those without severe allergies or asthma
* Energy efficient because it helps your furnace work more efficiently
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!